Re: Aquatic ape theory

David Froehlich (eohippus@moe.cc.utexas.edu)
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 11:17:26 -0500

On 5 Oct 1995, Thomas Clarke wrote:

> The transition of common ancestor to human-like hominid.
>
> >..And where lies the evidence. There is physical evidence for
> > Bipedalism..check the bones.
>
> This is also evidence for the AAT. Where are the half-bipedal bones?

What do you think chimps or gibbons are. We can demonstrate that they
are facultative bipeds. If that is not half-bipedel, I do not know what is.

> > There is geological evidence for a Savannah
> > type terrain.
>
> There is geological evidence for isolated islands as a result of
> sea-level fluctuations,

And we find the homonid remains in mosaic/savannah deposits. We have
no!!! homonid remains from any of the islands that you mention.

> > And the insistance on refering to early primates as apes is
> > uneducated,
>
> No, just literary style.

Style is important if you persist in confusing entities. We are talking
about communication, and being able to communicate clearly is necessary
for this discussion. Also, if you confuse words you can easily confuse
the elements of the discussion.

> > >just as it would be to them human. All primates
share common
> > ancestors...ancestors included i the family of Primates. Perhaps a course
> > in physical anthropology might be useful here
>
> Perhaps a course in English literature would be useful :-)

Are you suggesting we start a news group
literature.anthropology.paleontology? The opperative word here is science!

David J. Froehlich Phone: 512-471-6088
Vertebrate Paleontology Laboratory Fax: 512-471-5973
J.J. Pickle Research Campus
The University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712