Re: AAT Theory

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
4 Oct 1995 17:40:37 -0400

r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu (David L Burkhead ) writes:

> Check again. Lions may travel/live in groups, but they generally
>_hunt_ alone. There may be exceptional cases otherwise, but as a

On a scale of 0-100 of no lion has ever hunted in a group we
give it a zero, if no lion has ever hunted alone we give it
a ranking of 100. So on this scale I'd give lions, wolves,
wild dogs, and hyenas somewhere around 80-95. Cheetahs
hunt alone. So do leopards.

This is a simple way to avoid arguments over words. Give me
your number and let's ask others to vote; that'll take care
of the useless argument.

> BTW, since you mention wolves, healthy wolves, in the wild, will
>not attack humans except under _extreme_ provocation. This has been

It's probably because the size looks bigger. It can also be due
to the fact that they're not used to hunting humans and are
probably not sure of what to do. I don't think a human poses
a greater threat to a wolf [--an unarmed human] than an
antelope or a bison.

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey