Re: Modern Neanderthals?

Lorenzo L. Love (lllove@snowcrest.net)
2 Nov 1996 19:40:00 GMT

mscob@aol.com (MSCob) wrote:
>Oh come on, what is this nonsense about how practically everybody is
>horrified at having black ancestors? A few people, perhaps, people whose
>parents felt that way, may feel that way sometimes. I had a friend whose
>parents were extremely racist; she was taught as a child that Africans
>were inferior mentally and morally! She says she still has thoughts like
>that sometimes. She doesn't believe it, but the thought is there somehow.
> But that is the exception. Let's talk about evidence and hypotheses and
>stop this sleazy political ad hominem backstabbing

Any one who thinks that bigotry, racial or otherwise, is the exception,
has a very narrow circle of acquaintances. It isn't limited to white
verus black or black verus white but Us verus Them. Look at Rwanda or
Bosnia. No matter how much you try to deny it, bigotry is a fundamental
characteristic of humans, and it is a major factor in shapeing our view
of the past, includeing who we think of as ancestors.

Lorenzo L. Love
lllove@snowcrest.net