Re: Modern Neanderthals?

Ekki Nykkinen (
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 12:21:02 GMT

"Rohinton Collins" <> wrote:

>Aurelius M. <> wrote in article
>> That is a new one Domingo. To opine that Europeans may
>> have Neanderthal genes is a racist plot by Europeans to avoid
>> admitting that we all came from Africa. Of course your logic
>> is not only silly, but down right foolish. No matter if
>> Europeans have Neanderthal genes, which I think likely, the
>> ansestor of Neanderthal most certainly came from Africa.
>> So much for your simple minded theory. P.S. Don't forget
>> the prozac before your next post!!!!

>I don't believe that Domingo was implying any deliberate racist 'plot'
>Racism mixed with ignorance and short-sightedness is all that's necessary.
>Take a racist white westerner for example (and don't harp on, we are all
>racist to some degree). He would far rather believe that his ancestors were
>Neanderthals who evolved around southern Europe (despite the evidence) than
>that they were Homo sapiens who came from Africa - after all, they might
>have actually been black ( ;-) ). Failing this, if he actually concedes
>that Homo sapiens evolved (in Africa) before
>the Neanderthals, and therefore that the former couldn't have evolved from
>the latter, then at least some interbreeding went on to dilute this
>'African' breed?

>Wake up people. Be guided by the evidence, not at your inner prejudices.

>From the PC Primer:

Good question. It's important to know when someone is saying
something insensitive so that you can have that person removed from
society. The guideline is as follows:

Is the confrontation between two white people?
Yes - The liberal is right.
No - The white person is oppressing the ethnic person.

Remember, many seemingly obvious issues, such as the railroading
of Mayor Marion Barry, or the Clarence Thomas issue, are really race

Here's a fun practice drill for you: See how many newspaper articles
you can make into race bias stories. It's fun! Some PCers are so
good they can make the weather report look like a KKK pamphlet!"

I can tell some of the people in this thread have been practicing A
LOT. Keep up the good work guys! :-)

And regards to you, my PC friend!