Re: The UCL meeting, and PV Tobias" apology" to Morgan...

cc3265@CNSVAX.ALBANY.EDU
20 Nov 1995 22:12:36 GMT

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.951120011925.10843C-100000@ciao.cc.columbia.edu>, Ralph L Holloway <rlh2@columbia.edu> writes:
>Perhaps Phillip believes AAT has provided some mighty service in the
>cause of paleontological science, but he sure in hell doesn't speak for
>me, when he claims to apologise for all his colleagues.

I saw Dr. Morgan's post on this, but it was (and is) unclear to me why
this apology was issued. Was he saying there is now supporting evidence
for AAT or just that there is more uncertainty now about the true scenario,
so no theory should be dismissed, or what? It would be more helpful to
have a transcript of Tobias' words than an excerpt from someone's personal
mail.
Caroline Cooper