Re: Aquatic eccrine sweating ref request, was Re: tears

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
12 Nov 1995 03:39:12 -0500

bdiebold@minerva.cis.yale.edu (Benjamin H. Diebold) writes:

>Most scientific change, including major paradigm shifts, come from within
>the scientific community. Einstein, Darwin, Pauling, Watson and Crick are

Crowley is close to the truth and so are you. Einstein was an outsider;
he was working in the patent office not in expensive physics labs.
Darwin was nobody and evolution was nothing when he wrote it, unless
you count Rumi's writings circa 1200. One of Watson/Crick was a
mathematician, hardly a biologist. And biology is only now getting
math in it (well the last 50 years or so).

But most knowledge is added by pros in the field obviously. This is
especially true in fields in which outsiders cannot even comrehend
anything, ie math, quantum physcis, etc. Now PA is not one of
these fields. Neither is psychology nor sociology, or archaeology.

And I think everyone knows the reason why.

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey