Re: Out of E.Asia II

Jim Foley (
9 Nov 1995 16:04:49 GMT

In article <4767d3$>,
JamShreeve <> wrote:

>I am puzzled by your contention that your "Out of Asia" theory better fits
>the evidence than Out of Africa. The best record for a transition from an
>erectus-grade form to modern Homo sapiens is in Africa and the Middle
>East; there are no early moderns in Southeast Asia that I know of before
>60,000 years at most;

What about the Ngangdong skulls (Solo Man)? People seem to have trouble
deciding whether these should be assigned to Homo erectus or archaic
Homo sapiens.

Jim (Chris) Foley,
Assoc. Prof. of Omphalic Envy Research interest:
Department of Anthropology Primitive hominids
University of Ediacara (Australopithecus creationistii)