Re: Ears under pressure. Was Re: Aquatic ape theory

jamesb@hgu.mrc.ac.uk
6 Nov 1995 13:33:54 GMT

hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu (H. M. Hubey) wrote:

>Probably not now. And in this case, it's still no contest since
>no one has ever argued that bacteria are more complex than us.

I have two points to say.

1) We are dependent on mitochondria for our energy, which evolved from
symbiotic bacteria, so all of that complexity of the human form is only
there as a slave to further the replication of the bacteria-related
mitochondrial genome.

2) Bacteria are far more efficient than humans at converting raw
materials into biomass, therefore they are more highly evolved. They can
also survive in a much wider range of extreme environments.

James Borrett.