Re: chimps on the savanna? Nooooo.....

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
24 Oct 1995 16:48:49 -0400

Alex Duncan <aduncan@mail.utexas.edu> writes:

>Are you suggesting that I should use a general purpose reference instead
>of the primary literature? Or, do you bring this up as an excuse for
>your ignorance? ("Well, the only book I've ever read on the subject
>says...")

I'm suggesting that you don't even know what shows
up in an encyclopedia of human evolution, and certainly
there are going to be no surprises there.

Naturally people who write in it will be middle-of-the-road
authors writing already well-established ideas.

What you are doing is what you've been doing from the beginning.
YOu cite references as if there's some kind of an unassailable
proof whereas all most of them have are some raw measurements,
photos, pictures, and lots of conclusions which are debatable.

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey