Re: Morgan Tears 3.

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
1 Nov 1995 21:50:35 -0500

David Froehlich <eohippus@moe.cc.utexas.edu> writes:

>In all seriousness, the prpblem is quite complex and I do not actually
>have the time at present to tutor you on comparative anatomy,

Never miss a chance do you?

>interested please reference the Journals, Systematic Biology (was
>Systematic Zoology, Systematic Botany, and Cladistics. The methodology
>is quite clear and reproducable.

I have a few books on Systematics, Anatomy etc.

I already explained what they are doing. They are trying
to create a discrete and relative distance measure (space)
using bone gazing :-) .. so they can create some kind of
a fundamental idea behind the tree.

Stop showing off.

>If so, yes with certain qualifications and an unknown amount of uncertainty.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. great!

"unknown amount of uncertainty"

So we do agree after all.

>You seem to want proof.

NO I don't want proof, because I know it doesn't exist. I already
explained how it works.

>this is our best guess, provisional only on new information.

Great.

>and biomoloecular that supports this contention. (No it is not all
>"bone-gazing", but since you have no interest or understanding of what
>that entails, you can scoff all you want).

Ok. I'll take it back. From now on I'll call it fossil-gazing.

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey