Re: Evolution???

Jim Foley (jimf@vangelis.FtCollins.NCR.com)
24 May 1995 15:14:08 GMT

In article <3pu4jv$5tq@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
TacSatLuke <tacsatluke@aol.com> wrote:
>Exuse my ignorance of this particular subject matter but,a fanatically
>religious freind of mine is preaching that Darwins theory has been proven
>wrong and that the Christianic views of the origin of mankind are the only
>plausible explanation for mans existance .Could anyone shed light on the
>current scientific "theory" of mans evolution and any references[if any]to
>Darwins theory pro or con would be appreciated.
>
> thanks TacSatLuke
>philip lukens

Talk.origins is the correct group for this topic. They have a large
number of files about most aspects of the creation/evolution debate. To
sum up, your friend is talking through his hat. The talk.origins faq
files are available through ftp and the WWW at:

ftp://ics.uci.edu/pub/origins/
http://rumba.ics.uci.edu:8080/

I've separately emailed you my FAQ, which may be of particular interest
because it addresses the evidence of the human fossil record.

Jim Foley Symbios Logic, Fort Collins
Jim.Foley@symbios.com (303) 223-5100 x9765
The clinching proof of my reasoning is that I will cut anyone who argues
further into dogmeat. -- Sir Geoffery de Tourneville, ca 1350 A.D.