Re: I have a question...

Lemonhead (karpiak@ux5.cso.uiuc.edu)
Thu, 11 May 1995 16:31:59 -0500

On 11 May 1995, Jack Dart wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there has been research done looking for the
> ancestors of non human primates. All that I've ever heard about
> or have been taught is that Homo arises from Australopithecus.
> I want to know if maybe it is possible that the so called robust species
> of Aust. are actually precursors to modern Gorilla.
>
> Any suggestions, or proof?

All Austs. were homonids, gorillas are pongids. Gorillas and
robust Aust. are no more related than other homonids of the time,
including Homo are related to gorillas.

--
(OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)
(O My mother said my cousin Bucky's so boldly bald becuase he O)