Re: Rock w/ Cracked Markings

JFCOST00@ukcc.uky.edu
Thu, 11 May 95 15:45:45 EDT

In article <3o90c7$d31@ns1.unicomp.net>
pcb@unicomp.net writes:

>My friend found 20-25 rocks in a riverbed of Irving, Texas behind his home. I have one here, and on each
>side of it are markings that look like they might be from cracked mud or a turtle shell, but since they are on
>both sides of the rock that seems unlikely. It also seems a bit light for a rock of its size. At one end, there is
>a point sticking out the rock that looks like it could be a head of some kind. Any ideas about what it might
>be or how I could find out???

>Thanks,

>--Pete

Contact the Dallas Museum of Natural History, they can put you in touch
with the Dallas Paleontological Society. However, it sounds as if you
have found septarian concretions in the Eagle Ford Shale. Show them to
a DPS member at their next meeting.

Dan

Dan Phelps jfcost00@ukcc.uky.edu
(606) 277-3148 Ask me how to join
The Kentucky Paleontological Society!

/O O ./ .' DANIEL J. PHELPS
{O__, \ { JFCOST00@UKCC.UKY.EDU
/ . . ) \ LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY
'---.~_ _ _& SOMETHING SEEMS SQUIRRELLY AROUND HERE!