Re: H. ERECTI CANNIBALISM

Patrick H. Adkins (Kreegah@deathstar.cris.com)
26 May 1994 14:45:49 -0400

BBS: cris
Date: 05-25-94 (21:54) Number: 7
From: KREEGAH@DEATHSTAR.CRIS.CO Refer#: NONE
To: ALL Recvd: NO
Subj: Re: H. ERECTI CANNIBALISM Conf: (5) sci.anthro
From: Kreegah@deathstar.cris.com (Patrick H. Adkins)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Re: H. ERECTI CANNIBALISM
Date: 25 May 1994 21:54:01 -0400

To: ccpl-jbb@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (J. Boyd Bruce III)

Patrick H. Adkins (Kreegah@deathstar.cris.com) wrote:
: I recall reading some years ago that evidence of cannibalism was
: associated with H. erecti finds: the enlargement of the opening
: where the neck joins the skull, to allow access to the brain.

: Can anyone tell me what the present tihnking is on this topic?
: Is this evidence still considered valid?

JBB: . . . I still beleive cannibalism was in part
responsible for the unnatural evolution of the species.
. . . cannibalism has been associated with every
transitional culture: Hunter/gatherer to
Pastural/Agrocultural. The rise of civilization seems to
follow the rise of cannibalism. IMHO, eat a head...build
a city. . . .

Fascinating. Can I encourage you to tell us more? Details appreciated.
Thanks.

---
€ SLMR 2.1a € Just say no to Big Government.
---
€ SLMR 2.1a € Just say no to Big Government.