Re: African Eve

Jim Bowery (
Sat, 21 May 1994 14:32:21 GMT

Richard Hodges <> writes:
> In article <> Jim Bowery,
> writes:
> >Quite seriously, some of my best friends are Neanderthals -- or at least
> >are of Neanderthal lineage.
> >
> >Just look around -- you'll see them every now and then.
> How do you recognize them? What are the signs?

The robust frame, heavy but a generally low fat to muscle ratio, for males
an exceptionally hairy body. Sometimes you'll see the prominent brows.

I think it would be very interesting to study people classicaly
termed "european peasantry" to see if there are some genetic
correlates for neanderthal-like features. There may be some remnants
of relatively pure neanderthal lineages around and if so, it would be
good to let those people know how valuable they are.

The promotion of politics exterminates apolitical genes in the population.
The promotion of frontiers gives apolitical genes a route to survival.