Re: Breast Size (Was: Re: Homosexuality and genetic determinism)

Jacques Guy (jbm@newsserver.trl.oz.au)
11 Jun 1995 09:16:15 +1000

mycol1@unm.edu (Bryant) writes:

>>You don't evolve TO. You evolve, period.

>You don't evolve. Lineages and populations evolve.

Ever heard that "you" is plural too? Know what a figure is in the
English language?

>Because fitness
>advantages shape many traits (adaptations), it's fair to say that those
>traits evolved TO provide those fitness advantages. Our opposable thumbs
>evolved TO grasp

Teleological hocus pocus. Insisting on calling a spade a pitchfork
instead of a spade is certainly advantageous in peddling about
pitchforks when you have run out of spades to sell. I see with
much glee that this is cross-posted on talk.origins, where it
belongs, along with the "I-believe-every-word-even-letter-of-
the-Bible-Book-of-Mormon-Urantia-Book-Koran-Chariot-of-the-Gods
literally-and-so-you-must" drivel.