Re: Another name of Elvis?

Michael Seaman (seaman@minerva.cis.yale.edu)
Tue, 21 Jun 1994 14:27:53 -0500

In article <Crq4CA.Kqx@umassd.edu>, jfeinstein@umassd.edu (Jon. Feinstein)
wrote:

> >> Hello fans of Elvis,
> >> I am also a fan of his. I know
> >> he was named the King of Rock'n'Roll. But
> >> was he also named the Cat King? In Taiwan
> >> we call him the Cat King. But I can't see
> >> any connections between this name and his
> >> great contribution to rock'n'roll music.
> >> Maybe it's just a local term used in Taiwan
> >> for Elvis. Maybe it is a global one. If
> >> so, can someone please explain where this
> >> name come from?
> >
> >> fan of Elvis,
> >> Richard
> >

> >The mitochondrial Elvis?
> >
> >Norbert
>
> Obviously a proponant of the "Out of Tupelo" Theory...

I believe the evolution of Elvis is more in line with the "Multisequined
Hypothesis", since Elvis shows some morphological continuity with peKING
man. Although a rapid displacement model would fit the "Punctuated
Rockabilly-ium" theory. You ain't nothin' but a hominid . . .

--
Posted/mailed from a Macintosh in a Yale University computing cluster.

Yale University assumes no responsibilities for either the content of this
article or the identity of the author