Re: aquatic ape?

Cameron Laird (claird@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM)
6 Jun 1994 09:59:08 -0500

In article <Cqz92r.Krw@world.std.com>,
Thomas B Gross <tbg@world.std.com> wrote:
>some time ago in this newsgroup there was a question from
>someone famous about the aquatic ape thoery of human evolution
>and elaine morgan's book on the subject...
>
>at the time I couldnt
>find the book, but recently I managed to find it in a dollar-a-book
>store... anyway, I too find the arguments rather compelling
>and wonder what the conventional wisdom among scholars is wrt
>the aquatic ape theory... could someone please recapitulate?
.
.
.
Conventional wisdom, in severely abridged edition:
perhaps the arguments are interesting, but they
don't constitute evidence. There are lots of holes
in the "theory", and it simply doesn't fit with the
bones that have been found to this date.

You'll probably find it more rewarding to raise this
question in sci.anthropology.paleo.

--

Cameron Laird
claird@Neosoft.com (claird%Neosoft.com@uunet.uu.net) +1 713 267 7966