Re: Age of dinosaurs

Richard Foy (rfoy@netcom.com)
Sun, 14 Jul 1996 19:24:19 GMT

In article <31E57AFF.7F7F@flmhh.ufl.edu>,
Mike Muller <muller@flmhh.ufl.edu> wrote:
>zeltine@undefined wrote:
>
>I'm sure that the tape will show why IT is inaccurate. Appearantly your
>scientist must have rewritten the laws pf physics and changed the speed
>of light and altered the decay rate of radioactive isotopes to get his
>evidence that the age of Earth is only 6000 years. He must be God
>himself! You have to do alot more than to watch a few shows on Discovery
>and Learning Channel to understand how science has arrived at the 4
>billion year old age for the Earth. Try reading a book or taking a class.
>Go to a museum or call a professor of Geology at a nearby university or
>community college...but it is obvious that you had your mind made up
>before the tape was even in the mail, and I have better things to do than
>to watch cartoons.

IMO it is pointless to argue about the conslusions of a religious
fundamentalist from a scientific standpoint. IMO the only way to help
them broaden their perspective is to argue their conclusions from
within their viewpoint.

--
"The form is the content in motion, and the content is the form at
rest." --Northrup Frye

URL http://www.he.tdl.com/~hfanoe/udc.html Unity and Diversity