Re: Apology to Ms. Morgan

Guest1@homer.libby.org
13 Jul 1996 19:28:19 GMT

Stephen Barnard <steve@megafauna.com> wrote:
>While I have no sympathy for the AAH (I'm a mere layman in this area), I
>have to say that I find Elaine Morgan's posts to this newsgroup to be
>very reasonable and civil, and I find the tone of her detractors to be
>often obnoxious in the extreme. Why is this hypothesis such a threat?

This is a very good question that you raise. It isn't a threat to anyone, nor is it
a threat to any pervasive ideas in paleontology (or for that matter, in the social
sciences such as "anthropology").

In short, the answer to your question is that the AAT(H) is NO more of a "threat" to
real science than are such ideas as the stories of alien abductions.
Just because Morgan's ideas are challenged (and weaknesses are pointed out in her
facts), doesn't mean that the AAT(H) is a threat.
However, it is common for the "attacked" to make such a claim as you have made.
Just ask such alien-abduction proponents (and alien abduction theory writers) such
as Budd Hopkins.
Hope that clarifies the misconceptions.
<pb>

now posting from Montana. (Field work begins!!).