Re: Age of dinosaurs

/\/\ (raven@kaiwan.com)
12 Jul 1996 19:31:47 -0700

In article <1996Jul07.231723.4909910@undefined>, zeltine@undefined wrote:
> Lately I have watched many paleoworld shows on TV. It must be an
>incredible experience digging up a new find.
>But the age of dinosaurs which is supposed to be well in the millions
>always had me wonderring, along with the age of
>this planet.
> The reason I wonder is because I'm a bible beleiver. I always had
>questions about the way this planet functioned.
>One question was if God created the earth, and said it was good, how come
>this planet is full of things that are harmful \
>to man?

That's a theological question and not one that science answers.

>I figured that something must have happenned to disturb the earths system.
> I came across a videotape recently done by a man by the name of Dr.
Carl Baugh. When I viewed it, it became apparent
>that the bible was far more scientific than I thought.

One thing you should know is that Carl Baugh holds NO science degrees.
All his claims of degree have never been found at the universities
he said he recieved them from.

IOWs, he's a fraud.

>The evidence that scientists are uncoverring about the bible is
>absolutely incredible.

Remember your fraudulent source.

> It actually shows that the age of the earth is around only 6000 years
>old.

I don't see any specifics, but then again refer to your fraudulent
source.

>Maybe your'e saying that
>carbon 14 tests or other tests would prove that to be false.

Carbon 14 would push the minimum back from 6000 y.a. to 30k y.a.

>But this tape will show you why it's inaccurate.

> The tape is called "Understanding Creation". The tape can be orderred
from the following address:

> Kenneth Copeland Ministries
>
> Fort Worth, Texas
>
> 76192

Thank you for info, but the newsgroup is interested in science.
Not charlatins with faked degrees. My condolences to
any funds you may have spent on MR. Baugh.

Steve "Chris" Price
Associate Professor of Computational Aesthetics
Amish Chair of Electrical Engineering
University of Ediacara "A fine tradition since 530,000,000 BC"
raven@kaiwan.com