Re: Bipedalism and theorizing... was Re: Morgan and creationists (fwd)

Ralph L Holloway (rlh2@columbia.edu)
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 12:06:26 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 11:44:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ralph L Holloway <rlh2@columbia.edu>
To: James Borrett <jamesb@hgu.mrc.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Bipedalism and theorizing... was Re: Morgan and creationists

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, James Borrett wrote:

> Ralph L Holloway wrote:
> The "something to hold on to"
> > speculations are utterly without foundation.
>
> Sorry, but it's obvious that its going to be easier for a hairless ape to
> breast feed its babies with a lowered nipple on a flexible support than
> with a flatter breast. These speculations are not utterly without
> foundation!

I'm glad it's all so obvious to you, but in fact I was thinking of all
those past posts on this group that had human infants grabbing for hair,
tits, whatever, when they were in their aquatic phase. We still are
talking about infants hanging on (holding on) to their mother's breasts,
are we not? How does a lowered nipple equate with a n infant hanging on to
the breast?
Ralph Holloway?