Re: PROOF OF LIFE AFTER DEATH

Paul Smith (paul.smith@tip.nl)
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 15:25:00 GMT

david l burkhead wrote:

> In article <rfoyDuA5no.2FA@netcom.com> rfoy@netcom.com (Richard Foy) writes:
> >In article <31E19F2D.3258@megafauna.com>,
> >Stephen Barnard <steve@megafauna.com> wrote:

> >Have you read any of the work on Near Death Experiences?
> >
> >If so what is your opinion o what is going on with them?
>

> I can't speak for Stephen, but I've read some of that "work" (as
> well as some of the real work done by real researchers). A lot of
> what passes for "work" is the gosh-wow stories of the credulous (the
> kind of thing you see on "Sightings" and "Unsolved Mysteries").
>
> However, work has been done (I'll see if I can find the author
> I'm most familiar with--it's been a while and I can't remember her
> name offhand) involving the actual physiology involved.(..)
>
> Again, I'll try to track down the author who wrote up some
> interesting research on the subject.

I think the researcher you're refering to is Dr. Susan Blackmore, a psychologist now at
the University of the West of England at Bristol. She had an out-of-body experience
while an undergraduate at Oxford and remembered details that later turned out to be
wrong, which must have put her on a skeptical train of thought. She often writes for the
New Scientist, which has a web site at http://www.newscientist.com

Groetjes,
Paul.

Paul Smith & Bea Hemmen, De Gildekamp 21-47, 6545KE,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
Tel: 024-3782438, E-mail: paul.smith@tip.nl
"God save us from our naughtiness" 16th C. English Prayer