Re: Large animal extinctions - part 1

Dan Evens (dan.evens@hydro.on.ca)
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 09:58:46 -0400

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:
> Except of course the seafloor has been radar mapped so that most large
> scale surficial structures are well resolved.

Sonar? I did not think microwaves moved very well through sea water.
I think it's sonar backed up by spot checks using other methods.
Picky quibble I admit. The sea floor has indeed been mapped out,
at least well enough to spot a km sized crater.

--
The preceding are my opinions alone and have nothing
whatever to do with my employer. I don't even know what my