Re: AAH?

James Borrett (jamesb@hgu.mrc.ac.uk)
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 11:07:51 +0100

Keith Norris wrote:

> The originator of the theory was Alister Hardy in 1960. Elaine Morgan is
> merely the main protagonator of the theory these days, but refuses to agree
> with this claim, despite four books devoted to the subject.

The originator of the theory was in fact Max Estenhofer. Alister Hardy
independently had the same idea later on. And what do you mean by saying
Elaine refuses to agree with this claim? She always mentions Hardy as
originator of the theory, and I'm sure she is aware that she is the most
well-known protagonator of the AAH. (Although there are others, notably
Marc Verhaegen and Peter Rhys Evans)