Re: Which Colleges for grad program?

Erin Miller (ermiller@tezcat.com)
23 Jul 1995 22:54:37 -0500

In article <Edda1995Jul21.002144.26336@news.compulink.com>,
Annette Smith <asmith@idirect.com> wrote:
>sharrover@aol.com (SHarrover) wrote:
>
>>I am interested in attending graduate school within the next year and
>>would like to know what schools have reasonable graduate programs in
>>anthropology. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
>
>I'm looking for the same in physical anthopology

Do you have a preference for what area of physical anthro? If not, pick a
school that has a broad-based program. Personally, I am in favor of
schools that still have a 4-fields basic program, but I am in the
minority. If you know specifically what you want to do, however
(specifically primate behavior, forensics, human evolution, etc), then it
should be easier to narrow down.

-erin

--
"On the internet nobody knows you're a dog ...
but damn if everyone won't know what your cat looks like." -fatz

Erin Miller http://www.tezcat.com/~ermiller/erin.html
University of Chicago / Anthropology Department / ermiller@tezcat.com