Re: New finds at Sterkfontein?

Ralph L Holloway (rlh2@columbia.edu)
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 12:17:40 -0400

Some of it was carried in todays NY TIMES, front page, written by John
Wilford Noble. Ron Clarke and Tobias will have the find described in next
week's SCIENCE journal. The find conisists of 4 bones from the "ball of
the foot", and thus they claim shows a big toe more capable of grasping.
As far as I can tell, that is it. Stern and Sussman are estatic, and
Lovejoy regards it as nonsense as it ignores all the rest of the
morphology of the hip and knee.
Ralph Holloway.