Re: I Actually Saw a Live Pith...

Phil Nicholls (pnich@globalone.net)
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 19:54:17 GMT

Dave Keeny <keenyd@ttc.com> wrote:

>The author's approach to the whole thing smacks of a 15 year old
>having fun with his latest troll, IMO. If this guy really believed
>what he says and had evidence, witnesses, etc., to back it up then
>he would publish it, if only to prove us fools. But he's having
>more fun stirring the pot.

>My 2 cents: let's let the thread die a natural death. Bard will just
>wander off & find another room to play in.

Trolls are a fact of life on the internet and a consequence of the
increased access people have to it. Having taught high school for
some years I can tell you that most 15 year olds are delightful
people. Like adults, some of them are obnoxious twerps. ( I have
observed the the frequency of obnoxious twerps increases in direct
proportion to disposable parental income.).

IF you want to respond to a troll, do so by email. Responding
publically only encourages them. They are seeking attention and the
best way to get them to go away is to not give it to them.

By the way, this is a suggestion and not a edict.

Cheers,

Phil Nicholls "To ask a question you must first
pnich@globalone.net know most of the answer.
Semper Alouatta! - Robert Sheckley