Re: prime numbers and African artifact

Rob Freundlich (rsf@mother.idx.com)
Thu, 13 Jul 95 20:59:46 GMT

In article <rael-1007952207340001@nightfall.midnight.org>,
rael@midnight.org (Rael Fenchurch) wrote:
>In article <rfJ0meEYsDj7075yn@fox.nstn.ns.ca>, doldridg@fox.nstn.ns.ca
>(Dave Oldridge) wrote:
>
>> Whoa! There seems to be a whole lot of confusion here as to just what a
>> prime number is. Simply put, it is a number that can only (without
>> leaving a remainder) be divided by 1 and by itself. 2 is the only even
>> prime number, since all other even numbers are divisible by 2.
>> [Pebble game deleted for sanity's sake...]
>
>Bugger! I jumped in too soon - and now here we are with what must be the
>finest, juciest, most wonderfully satisfying catch of the contest...
>Surely there's nothing bigger left now in those waters?

Gosh, I hope not! My InformationSuperTrollingRod (tm) is already bent
almost double. I don't think it'll take much more ...

---
Rob Freundlich, Senior Software Engineer | "males are biologically driven
IDX Systems Corporation | to go out and hunt giraffes"
| - Newt Gingrich
"Some folks you don't have to satirize, you just quote em" - Tom Paxton