Re: A Question I've Always Had About Evolution.

Paul Thibaudeau (thibaud@scar.utoronto.ca)
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 13:13:42 GMT

Hi William,

Regarding your question about intermediate forms...there are some,
although, of course the differences are slight. Without blithering on
with various latin names, the early hominid (or human-like, if you prefer)
forms like Australopithecines are really quite "ape-like", with some
changes to a more bipedal stance. If you'd like a great article on this,
look for the write up the National Geographic did on "Dawn of Humans" for
February, 1997.
Oh, and don't worry too much about the supposed conspiracy that Ed
Conrad raves about. He's just upset that no believes his theory that
humans originated in fully modern form 225 million years ago, in a
Pennsylvanian coal mine layer. Never mind that the "bone" he found is not
bone, and that all the other evidence that has been properly debated
contradicts him about a thousand times over. What's important, William,
is that you read up on the evidence, look at Conrad's web site, and decide
for yourself.

Happy reading.

Paul Thibaudeau