REVEALED (at long last!) Ed Conrad's academic background and qualifications

Ed Conrad (edconrad@sunlink.net)
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 15:46:00 GMT

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, "henry l. barwood" <hbarwood@indiana.edu>
wrote to talk.origins, etc.:

>John M. Feiereisen wrote:
>
>Snip

>Speaking of T&E (Ted Holden and Ed Conrad):
>
>> Does anybody know anything about their educational or work
>> backgrounds? Does either of these guys have any sort
>> of scientific background? What kind of qualifications
>> do these guys have?

I cannot speak for Ted Holden but, in response to the question
of MY academic qualifications, may I state -- rather emphatically and
with a certain degree of pride -- that I have spent a certain amount
of time in FIVE different universities in TWO different countries.

I have been through the University of Pennsylvania and Penn State
University; as well as McGill University, Concordia University and the
University of Montrea (French), all in Montreal, Canada.

Unfortunately, I really didn't have time to learn anything because I
had a rather brief stay.

I was there only long enough to walk in the front door, cause some
type of panic disorder and/or nervous twitch among resident
anthropologists and/or paleontologists after showing them some
of my petrified bones, then rather unceremoniously directed
to the back door.

If this means anything academically, I also would like to point out
that I had spent some time on the campus of Johns Hopkins University
(its School of Medicine in downtown Baltimore).

Unfortunately, Allan Walker, their so-called expert on prehistoric
teeth, didn't even have the courtesy to invite me inside (even though
I had driven two hours for our scheduled appointment).

We conducted all of our business out of the trunk of my car (after the
parking lot attendant phoned Walker to inform him that ``Ed Conrad has
arrived," then somberly ordered me to back up and double-park on the
street).

I guess that does it.

Of course, I think I may have been academically enlightened by being
in the company -- on three or four different occasions --of Wilton
Krogman, author of ``The Human Skeleton in Forensic Medicine," and the
time I had the great fortune of spending an entire day in the company
of Raymond Dart, M.D.

But I guess that doesn't count academically since we were never inside
any hallowed halls.