dating pyramids or any ancient structure (anti-Bible)

John the ForeRunner (elijah@wi.net)
Wed, 08 Jan 1997 10:28:38 +0000

Scholars already date KuFu as 2600s BC and therefore of course when obtaining
a 3800 BC date, they will presume the pyramid was built in 2600 BC
with 1200-year old mortar ingredients. Unfortunately, they won't even permit the
Bible to have so much as a 200-year ingredient in the pyramids without
scoffing the date discrepency. Scholars are specifically biased to defy that Bible.

Doug Bailey wrote:
> > >................... Scholarly consensus holds that the Great Pyramid
> > >was built by the Fourth Dynasty Pharoah Khufu in the period of 2551 BC
> > >to 2528 BC. It should be noted that carbon dating of organic material
> > >within the mortar (from several areas of the Great Pyramid has yielded
> > >dates 3809 BC and 2869 BC (there is a modest range with these
> > >measurement methods but they illustrate that the mortar was laid into
> > >position no later than the 26th millenium BC).

> fmurray@pobox, frank murray wrote:
> > i've difficulty following your reasoning here...the carbon dating
> > indicates that the mortar was laid no earlier than 3809 BC, but how do
> > you establish from this carbon dating that it was laid no later than
> > the 26th millennium BC...could we not mix and lay mortar today that
> > contained organic materials from 3809 BC??...
> > frank

> You bring up a very good point. The carbon-dating was performed by the
> Radiocarbon Laboratory of Southern Methodist University and also by
> laboratories in Zurich. It is my understanding that the samples were
> carefully selected based the nature of organic material contained in the
> different mortar samples. The frequency distribution of organic
> material was skewed towards the more recent ages (that is the 29th
> millenium BC). This makes sense given that their would be a
> predominance of organic material from more recent periods in relation to
> when the mortar was actually mixed and laid in place. However the
> preponderance of what is dated as 29th mil BC material and the complete
> absence of any material later than that establishes an extremely
> reliable line of demarcation in time for when the mortar was used.
> Given the limitations of carbon-dating and the relative paucity of the
> samples, the researchers stated that there was a margin of error large
> enough to reasonably believe the mortar could have been used as late as
> the 26th millenium BC.
>
> If we did use mortar now there is a possibility (though very rare due to
> organic material decay and sedimentation) that 1000 year old organic
> material would find its way into our mortar. However, if would be very
> rare and would be overshadowed by the large amount of fairly young
> organic material from the surrounding environment.

A voice crying out and going unheard,
(40 years Oct 7) Nehemiah's (9:1) 50th JUBILEE of Tishri 24
God's 1000 years has begun Sep 14 of 1996.
The 144,000 will rule before this first year ENDS.
http://www.execpc.com/~elijah/Ezra1991CE.gif

Discover the world's true chronology thru the Bible at
http://www.execpc.com/~elijah