Re: you bickerers about pyramids, your Bible theories disgusts God

jmcarth1@gtn.net ((jmcarth1@gtn.net))
7 Jan 1997 16:32:09 -0800

In article <32d2cc73.3905613@snews.zippo.com>, gilgamesh@cyberconnect.com says...

>There was no mortar used to build the Great Pyramid.
>Who the hell would use mortar when you can cut rock perfectly to fit.

Gee... did they use a laser to do this?

>And what good would mortar serve on a 2 ton slab of rock.
>Now the casing may have contained mortar, but I am not sure.
>Please be more specific with your source on this mortar.

Seem to me that they would need to put a deformable medium between
the blocks so that when the blocks expanded horizontally by elastic
strain the load would be spread around point contacts. If you let
point contacts distribute the load the block is more susceptible to
fracturing.

Archae Solenhofen (jmcarth1@gtn.net)