Re: you bickerers about pyramids, your Bible theories disgusts God

frank murray (fmurray@pobox,com)
Tue, 07 Jan 1997 17:08:33 GMT

On Tue, 07 Jan 1997 11:00:06 -0500, Doug Bailey
<aessedai@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>................... Scholarly consensus holds that the Great Pyramid
>was built by the Fourth Dynasty Pharoah Khufu in the period of 2551 BC
>to 2528 BC. It should be noted that carbon dating of organic material
>within the mortar (from several areas of the Great Pyramid has yielded
>dates 3809 BC and 2869 BC (there is a modest range with these
>measurement methods but they illustrate that the mortar was laid into
>position no later than the 26th millenium BC).

i've difficulty following your reasoning here...the carbon dating
indicates that the mortar was laid no earlier than 3809 BC, but how do
you establish from this carbon dating that it was laid no later than
the 26th millennium BC...could we not mix and lay mortar today that
contained organic materials from 3809 BC??...

frank