Re: ANCESTRY QUESTION?

Stanley Friesen (sarima@netcom.com)
Sat, 21 Jan 1995 05:26:26 GMT

In article <3fm11f$3hq@news.doit.wisc.edu>,
Dennis J. Nicklaus <nicklaus@violet.physics.wisc.edu> wrote:
>Maybe my family just isn't "hillbilly" enough. Actually, I think the real
>reason is that I have a constant stream of new immigration in my
>ancestors to keep diversifying the gene pool from 1750-1900.

Well, I suspect that many social factors contribute to these patterns.

In my family the high elvel of interbreeding was due to them being
members of a smallish, exclusive, relgious sect that didn't marry
outside the group. (Actually, it was a small sub-denomination of
a minor enomination - but even the minor denomination tended to
go for in-group marriages - in fact my father was the first in his
extended family to marry outside the group)

[And, given my name, you may even be able to figure out which
group I am talking about].

--
NAMES: sarima@netcom.com swf@ElSegundoCA.ncr.com

May the peace of God be with you.