Re: Brontosaur?

Erin Wood (ewood@quark.miracosta.cc.ca.us)
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 17:59:24 -0800

In article <3gc36r$142@scipio.cyberstore.ca>,
carnegie@gov.chilliwack.bc.ca (Rob Carnegie) wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is the right news group, but here goes...
> I have heard that the brontosaur never really existed but
> was just a mismatch of bones from two other dinos. Is
> this true, I still see plenty of print references to the
> bronto. My son is dieing to know the truth of this issue.

I used to be a fanatic dinophile when I was a kid ans I recall that the
Brontosaur was always found (in the few limited specimens they had then)
with a skull that came from a different dinosaur and that the true skull
was sometimes found in the general area, but never attached. I guess the
wrong-skull was constructed improperly to connect to the Brontosaur's neck
and some one figured this out and went looking for the right-skull.
Sounds wierd eh? That was the official story when I was still keeping up
with Dinosaurs 10-15 years ago.

Erin "The Archaeic" Wood