Re: Lucy's current status -- in the fossil record or out?

Ethan Vishniac (ethan@grendel.as.utexas.edu)
27 Dec 1996 16:36:34 GMT

Michael J. Gallagher <MIKEJOE@Prodigy.Net> wrote:
>Sort of. A friend of mine told me recetly that Lucy had been "debunked,"
> and was no longer considered a real fossil, much less a candidate ancestor.

Your friend is being lied to by someone.

"Quis tamen tale studium, quo ad primam omnium rerum causam evehimur,
tamquam inutile aut contemnendum detractare ac deprimere ausit?"-Bridel

Ethan T. Vishniac ---> http://grendel.as.utexas.edu/Welcome.html
Dept. of Astronomy also Associate Professor of Astrophysiology
The University of Texas G.G. Simpson Hereditable Chair of Evilution
Austin, Texas, 78712 University of Ediacara
ethan@astro.as.utexas.edu `Knowledge, Wisdom, Beer'