Re: ED'S HISTORICAL OVERHAUL (Chapter III: The Great Wall of China)

jaalgo (jamesg@pathcom.com)
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 00:37:11 GMT

edconrad@prolog.net (Ed Conrad) wrote:

> (Rave reviews of the first two chapter's of ``Ed's Historical
>Overhaul" -- ``Columbus' Riskless Journey to Discover America" and
>``Earliest Man Sure Didn't Arrive in North America by Crossing the
>Bering Strait" -- continue to pour in and the really good news is that
>it may be available in time for Christmas if I hustle and finish
>writing it.)

Any "fan" of yours would be raver...

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Chapter III: THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA

>One of the world's most perplexing of life's mysteries, along
>with the construction of the pyramids, is WHY the Great Wall
>of China was built.

It was a make work project to keep thousands of people employed, much
like the pyramids.

>Almost everyone gullibly accepts the proposition that the the Great
>Wall (the only manmade object on earth visible from the moon) was
>built for only one reason: to prevent China from being invaded.

Umitigated crap.

>From John Bean, someone who has actually been there:

"The only thing you can see from the moon is a beautiful sphere,
mostly white (clourds), some blue (ocean), patches of yellow (desert),
and every once in a while some green vegetation. No man-made object is
visible on this scale. In fact, when first leaving earth's orbit and
only a few thousand miles away, no man-made object is visible at that
point either"

So, if your "research" is as reliable as this bit of nonsense, I'd
suggest you give it up. You are as ego-driven as the scientists you
attempt to discredit with your ad hominen attacks.