Re: history questions: meat, siberian land bridge, horses in the Americas

Ethan Vishniac (ethan@grendel.as.utexas.edu)
14 Dec 1996 16:39:50 GMT

In article <58ssfq$r4@sjx-ixn8.ix.netcom.com>,
Tuohy <elmo15@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Then very close to our speices.
>
>I'm talking when we gathered our food,aka before we hunted.

This is still factually wrong. Big game hunting may not have
been a universal custom among our genus, but vegetarian normally
means not eating small animals either.

"Quis tamen tale studium, quo ad primam omnium rerum causam evehimur,
tamquam inutile aut contemnendum detractare ac deprimere ausit?"-Bridel

Ethan T. Vishniac ---> http://grendel.as.utexas.edu/Welcome.html
Dept. of Astronomy also Associate Professor of Astrophysiology
The University of Texas G.G. Simpson Hereditable Chair of Evilution
Austin, Texas, 78712 University of Ediacara
ethan@astro.as.utexas.edu `Knowledge, Wisdom, Beer'