Re: history questions: meat, siberian land bridge, horses in the Americas

Rooney (roney@ix.netcom.com(Rooney))
15 Dec 1996 06:17:56 GMT

In <58ul8m$6f4@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu> ethan@grendel.as.utexas.edu
(Ethan Vishniac) writes:

>In article <58ssfq$r4@sjx-ixn8.ix.netcom.com>,
>Tuohy <elmo15@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>
>>Then very close to our speices.
>>
>>I'm talking when we gathered our food,aka before we hunted.
>
>This is still factually wrong. Big game hunting may not have
>been a universal custom among our genus, but vegetarian normally
>means not eating small animals either.
>
>"Quis tamen tale studium, quo ad primam omnium rerum causam evehimur,
>tamquam inutile aut contemnendum detractare ac deprimere
ausit?"-Bridel

>Ethan T. Vishniac ---> http://grendel.as.utexas.edu/Welcome.html
>Dept. of Astronomy also Associate Professor of Astrophysiology
>The University of Texas G.G. Simpson Hereditable Chair of
Evilution
>Austin, Texas, 78712 University of Ediacara
>ethan@astro.as.utexas.edu `Knowledge, Wisdom, Beer'

So whose idea was it to bring in the smart people? We should do that
with some of these other annoying threads, if only I knew where those
smart people hung out... Will that little girl ever realize that she
is outclassed, outschooled, and just plain beaten? I'm rambling, but
thanks to whoever brought in the scientists.

"What nature has denied you, Ralph will sell you."

ps. keep some dignity and admit defeat and end this fucking thread
(unless someone wants to address the land bridge/horses thing, I'd be
curious to read about it).