Stolen Dinosaur Fossils

Ed Conrad (edconrad@prolog.net)
14 Dec 1996 12:57:23 GMT

bmw@uclink2.berkeley.edu (Ben Waggoner) wrote:

>This just came in over the wire, from the PaleoNet listserver. It was
>originally posted by D. M. Unwin <Dave.Unwin@Bristol.ac.uk>, who grants
>his permission to pass this message to colleagues and copy it to other
>listservers. Any help that anyone can give will, I am sure, be much
>appreciated. Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ben:
All of our past differences aside, I applaud you for your effort in
trying to help locate the stolen dinosaur fossils.

What lowlife would stoop to stealing skulls and jaws
of Tarbosaurus and Protoceratopse, teeth of Tarbosaurus
efremovi, plus a Late Cretaceous protoceratopsid genus from
Mongolia.

Some people really have a lot of damn nerve.

Meanwhile, I'd like you to assure you that I will do whatever I can
to help apprehend the persons whom you believe to have been
responsible.

Unfortunately, my newsreader got a bit garbled while you were
identifying the eight suspects.