Re: history questions: meat, siberian land bridge, horses in the Americas

Ethan Vishniac (ethan@grendel.as.utexas.edu)
12 Dec 1996 14:28:41 GMT

Tuohy <elmo15@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Before we learned to hunt we were.Sure this was a long time ago,and we
>all ran around naked,and this is before fire.But it happened.

Chimps hunt, and eat the meat they catch.

Some australopithecines seem to have been vegetarian, but it's not
clear that any of the species that were our ancestors were
vegetarians.

In any case I would hesitate to call an australophithecine human,
not that this comes up every day. :-)

"Quis tamen tale studium, quo ad primam omnium rerum causam evehimur,
tamquam inutile aut contemnendum detractare ac deprimere ausit?"-Bridel

Ethan T. Vishniac ---> http://grendel.as.utexas.edu/Welcome.html
Dept. of Astronomy also Associate Professor of Astrophysiology
The University of Texas G.G. Simpson Hereditable Chair of Evilution
Austin, Texas, 78712 University of Ediacara
ethan@astro.as.utexas.edu `Knowledge, Wisdom, Beer'