Re: the Ik

Doug McKean (doug_mckean@paragon-networks.com)
Mon, 09 Dec 1996 13:18:36 -0500

hsman@tuna.net wrote:

> Seems I read about a group of primitive people, this century, called
> the Ik (spelling?) noted for their lack of kindness, compassion. Anyone
> having a better memory than I who might know about a book on them
> written at least 25 years ago, I'd appreciate a contact by e-mail at
> hsman@tuna.net
> Thanks in advance
> Harry Shifman

You could be referring to an African tribe named the Ekk.
(I think that's the spelling, sorry if it's not)
I remember something to the effect that they didn't used
to be so cold to one another and others. I believe
it was a prolonged drought that brought on the 'lack(?)'
of customs. Don't know of any books, sorry.

The comments and opinions stated herein are mine alone,
and do not reflect those of my employer.