Re: CROSSING THE BERING STRAIT? How ridiculous!

driftydan (driftydan@pyramid.net)
4 Dec 1996 20:52:41 GMT

"Lester D. Shubin" <lshubin@erols.com> writes: > Roxanne Meyer wrote:

> > Ed Conrad wrote:
> > >
> > > Whoever came up with the theory that man arrived in
> > > North America by crossing the Bering Strait is certainly a prime
> > > candidate for science's Dunce of the Century Award.
> > >
> > > Let's be realistic and use a little common sense!
> > >
> > > What tribal leaders, in their right mind -- from wherever they were --
> > > would search for ``greener pastures" by heading so far north?
> >
> > Well, when the last Ice Age ended, people moved north to Scandinavia.
> > Why would they do that? It was getting colder for them, too, and yet
> > they moved further and further north.
> >
> > Maybe they weren't afraid of the cold? Maybe there was plenty of game to
> > be found there? Maybe they had to migrate north because of
> > overpopulation further south? We can only guess.
> >
> > RoxMeyer
>
> Unless I have missed something here, it seems to me that in general thet
> were heading south!
Yes, You have missed something....the Library, on arceological digs and the information accumulated over the last 100 yrs...If you would do some research you would find that the older artifacts to younger artifacts go from North to South....Dan