Re: CROSSING THE BERING STRAIT? How ridiculous!

H. Brent Howatt (bhowatt@humboldt.k12.ca.us)
Wed, 04 Dec 96 19:54:58 GMT

In article <OCp9eCAuQxoyEwgk@vineries.demon.co.uk>, Kathy McIntosh <kathy@vineries.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Seriously, Art, did they actually eat the stomach contents? Surely
>caribou eat grass, would it really have been that important to them?

My daughter has just finished a school paper on the Inuit. She was
thrilled to learn that an Inuit delicacy is the raw,
partially-digested-krill-filled small intestine of freshly killed seals. I
don't know about caribou. They eat a lot of lichen as well as grass.

H. Brent Howatt, Director of Ins. Svc.| The first days are the hardest days,
Humboldt County Office of Education | Don't you worry any more.
Eureka, California | When life looks like Easy Street,
Behind the Redwood Curtain | There is danger at your door.
hhowatt@cello.gina.calstate.edu PGP public key by FINGER or e-mail
bhowatt@humboldt.k12.ca.us
hbhowatt@sloc.net