Re: AAT reply from Elaine Morgan

Phil Nicholls (
28 Dec 1994 13:05:16 GMT

In article <>,
Troy Kelley <> wrote:

>So, following this logic, hunting dogs, lions, cheetahs, leapards,
>hyenas, and a host of other carnavoirs should give birth to plumb babies
>because they all have to follow game animals around on the savannah for
>food. This is not the case. The fat deposits of these animals is not
>similar to the fat deposits in man. I doubt if any of the animals I
>listed, as newborns, could float in water the way a human baby can.
>Troy Kelley

Troy, listen very carefully:

Lamarch = OUT

Darwin = IN

It's been that way for a very long time now. Organisms are a product
of environment AND geneology. Therefore the "why don't . . ." questions
that AAH love to ask are meaningless except as a display of the
"pop-science" level of there understanding of evolution.

Philip "Chris" Nicholls Department of Anthropology
Institute for Hydrohominoid Studies SUNY Albany
University of Ediacara
"Semper Alouatta"