Re: Help me find a good Anthro. Grad. school!

rlambert@shore.net
24 Dec 1994 02:22:04 GMT

> darrlee@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (Darren Lee) writes:
> Would all frequent readers and posters of this newsgroup please post any
> realavent info. on graduate studies where you have or are attending. I
> am an undergrad student at the University of Alberta, with my major field
> of study being physical anthropology. All suggestions from anywhere will
> be gladly accepted.
>
> Darren Lee (darrlee@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)

Have you any idea what your preferred research area will be? Do you find
youself quoting the some authors more than others, and do you know where
they teach? Physical anthropology is still broad, I did some research last year
for biological anth (behavioral ecology, evolution cooperation, etc.), and my first
choice would have been U. Michigan, followed closely by Emory, U. New Mexico,
and Harvard.
Does physical anthropology mean bones and digs for you - forensic work, medical,
etc.? What about your philisophical orientation towards the field as a whole?
Answer these questions, and you'll have the profile of the school you're looking for.
Maybe then a prof. who just happens to be one of your favorite authors might
see your post, and....

Sincerely,

Richard Lambert
rlambert@shore.net