Re: Okay seriously now (AAT again)

Bryce Harrington (bharring@aludra.usc.edu)
18 Dec 1994 18:48:18 -0800

In article <1994Dec16.202727.25585@henson.cc.wwu.edu> n8010095@henson.cc.wwu.edu (Phillip Bigelow) writes:
>bharring@girtab.usc.edu (Bryce Harrington) writes:
>>Our ancestors were not fixed in their degree of hydroness; at first
>>they simply waded into the water. Later they went further into
>>water deeper than they were high. They used diving at this point.
>>They were never fully aquatic, I mean, not like a seal. They probably
>>spent most of the day in the water but then slept onshore. Then
>>something changed and the apes began spending more time on shore
>>and eventually left the sea altogether.
>
> Bryce, this level of detail in your "model" is so intricate and
>speculative, that I am surprised you haven't provided us with the exact day
>of the week our ancestors first entered the water!

I put an ample disclaimer on the article in question, Phillip. I
think you deleted it just to make a point. Anyway, all of the above
was taken straight from Morgan's books and other literature where the
topic was discussed in much more detail than this. But you are right,
it _is_ speculation. I SAID that in a paragraph immediately before
the quoted one.

Bryce