Re: Polar Bear Challenge for AAH opponents

Kevyn Loren Winkless (umwinkl0@cc.umanitoba.ca)
17 Dec 1994 20:58:16 GMT

In <3cttee$kqs@rebecca.albany.edu> pn8886@csc.albany.edu (Phil Nicholls) writes:

>Your constant emphansis on convergence ignores that fact that it
>is not all that common and is certain not the driving principle
>of evolution.

As I understand it, Chris Dooley's argument is that if it is uncommon for
convergent evolution to occur, then clearly it is significant. The point
being ignored, of course, is that while _structures_ may represent
convergent evolution, they are not evidence that the selecting forces are
the same.

PAX IN VI VERBIS umwinkl0@cc.umanitoba.ca
"Woe be unto those that rise up early in the morning..." Isiah 5:11