Re: Bipedalism and endurance (Re: AAH - enough already)

Francis Davey (fjmd1@cl.cam.ac.uk)
12 Dec 1994 14:11:54 GMT

In article <lmm5-101294184429@132.236.78.46>, loopy <lmm5@cornell.edu> wrote:
>In article <3c119s$dei@newsbf01.news.aol.com>, patdooley@aol.com (Pat
>Dooley) wrote:
>
>> 6) Lack of dense body hair facilitates cooling.
>>
>> The converse is true. Fur provides a greater evaporative surface.

Rehashing an old complaint: anti-AAH people are beginning to convince me in
this debate BUT both sides are appalling at providing any evidence. For
goodness sake there must be some work on the efficiency of different animal
cooling methods, can't someone provide a *citation* so we can drop all this
silly common sense conjecture and rely on some real work?

What I am looking for is a reference to something like the Journal of Animal
Cooling Studies, or Thermoregulation Now, or something.